Outsourced Stores Management
The management of the engineering stores environment is pivotal to the success of any production line. 2Max Solutions provide stores management services to in excess of 100 client locations across Kenya, providing the expert knowledge and ability to deliver enhanced solutions and additional capacity to the engineering community.
2Max Solutions installs best-in-class stores management system at each client location. These policies, processes and procedures are supported through a industry-leading, proprietary cloud-based software system. Operating in conjunction with SAP, it provides compliance, governance, advanced control and reporting capabilities. All aspects of stores management delivery are contained within a mutually agreed Service Level Agreement ("SLA") and performance results are readily available.
2Max Solutions utilities, such as bar coding and dynamic inventory profiling, assist our stores communities in delivering improved efficiency and accuracy in the goods in-and-out processes together with stores security systems.
Each stores implementation is managed by a dedicated team, effecting a full-scale redesign and restructuring of the stores environment if necessary, increasing efficiency through the installation of new racks and bins, the location, cataloguing, sorting and selection of all products, the installation of bar code infrastructure and the bar coding of all products, the introduction of the cloud-based, management system, the implementation of goods return procedures and the quarantining of unidentified inventory for engineering inspection.
All stores envoys and managers are trained in accordance with 2Max Solutions’s stores management system. Best practice is shared through 2Max Solutions’s extensive network, producing an organic, self-improving community of experts throughout Kenya.
As part of 2Max Solution’s end-to-end delivery solution, client's existing stores employees typically transfer to 2Max Solutions by means of TUPE (Transfers of Undertakings (Protection of Employment)), and as a result pursue enhanced career opportunities as 2Max Solutions specialise in engineering stores management.
Why choose 2Max Solutions?
- 12Max Solutions has extensive expertise in outsourced indirect material procurement, understands the complexities and pitfalls of in-house management and use this knowledge to define the tried and tested approach of our specialist teams.
- 2The cost of indirect materials often begins to spiral as the labour intensity grows, operations become more fragmented and so-called ‘maverick buying’ proliferates.
- 3The lower value, repetitive nature of indirect material ordering means that it can account for as much has 50% of a purchasing department’s workload, a grossly disproportionate investment of time, manpower and money. Over time, organisations supplement and augment their processes, resulting in ever-expanding bureaucracies and red tape, turning potentially simple purchasing tasks into convoluted protocols requiring multiple sign offs and mountains of paperwork.
- 42Max Solutions can analyse and identify bottlenecks of this kind and introduce streamlined and efficient process changes.
- 5‘Maverick buying’ describes the propensity of employees to ignore protocols and guidelines when purchasing indirect materials – rather than using approved suppliers or framework agreements. In large organisations, so-called maverick buying can account for as much as 45% of all indirect procurement.
- 6By introducing new controls and streamlining clunky processes which were previously difficult to use, 2Max Solutions can cut out maverick buying and make a huge difference to the indirect material procurement costs.
- 7Outsourcing indirect material procurement to 2Max Solutions gives immediate access to the sort of expertise, experience and business intelligence which would otherwise take many years and a lot of money to acquire in-house, especially since the award-winning technology platform provides for complete end-to-end management, so driving greater control, compliance and therefore savings, which is why so many blue chip organisation have chosen to partner with 2Max Solutions.